Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Pumpkin & Apple Pork Roast


I'll just say it: crockpots are life. I love throwing some ingredients together in the morning, and then being greeted at the door later in the day to a cloud of delicious smells. It's like coming home to find someone cooked a surprise meal for you while you were gone, "For me?! Oh you shouldn't have, Crockpot! You're such a dear."

This is a little something I came up with after the kids begged me to buy a "baby pumpkin" at the grocery store. If you enjoy Fall as much as I do (it's at the top of my Seasons list), you'll love this recipe, because it will make your house smell like all the best things about Fall.

Ingredients
2-3 pound pork roast
2 large apples of your choice, cut into 1/2" slices (firmer ones like Honeycrisp tend to be better, because they don't turn to mush)
1 large onion, sliced (I cut into rounds, and then half them)
1 small baking pumpkin (I usually look for one a little bigger than the size of a softball. Cut it in half, scoop out the guts, cut into slices and then slice off the outer skin)
1 cup apple cider
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cardamom

Instructions
In a small bowl, combine spices and then rub over meat. Place in a crockpot, and arrange apple, onion, and pumpkin slices on and around it. Pour apple cider over everything, and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 4-5 hours.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Designed by DigitalBeautiful