Thursday, June 30, 2016

Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats



I love overnight oats, and I love raspberries. But search as I might, I couldn't find a recipe combining the two that appealed to me... they all seemed to lack a little something.

Well, I finally had an epiphany yesterday, and realized the only thing better than raspberries is chocolate + raspberries. So I decided to let my hair down, and throw some cocoa powder in the mix! The verdict this morning? AMAZING. I should have known you can never go wrong by adding chocolate to anything 😉

Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats
Serves 1-2

1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 tsp flax seeds
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I use 0% Fage)
1/2 cup milk of your choice (almond, coconut milk, regular cow's milk, etc)
1-2 tbsp honey, to sweeten as desired (you can also substitute a packet or two of Truvia - that's what Ray prefers)
1/4 cup raspberries

In a mason jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid, stir together first 3 ingredients. Add remaining ingredients except for the raspberries, close the lid, and shake well to combine. Let sit in refrigerator overnight, and add fresh raspberries before eating. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Designed by DigitalBeautiful